Indiana United Methodist Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a board of directors you elect. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-786-1673.
Information We Collect And Disclose About You
We collect the following nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications an other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others including those companies that work closely with us to provide you with diverse financial products and services
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other form(s). This may be obtained from you current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not sell or permit others to sell any member information.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances a permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with IUM FCU, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help
Indiana United Methodist Federal Credit Union has always been and will continue to be committed to protecting the privacy of its members. You can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, PINs(personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it
- Keep your information current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!